Sunday, February 23, 2014

A new Sunday treat!

Those of you who know me for a long time, know that Sundays I've saved up WAP's so I can have a DQ sundae.  I've done this for a long time... like years.  But lately they apparently are putting some additives in the soft serve that, according to the 'net' are supposed to make it melt slower - whatever they've been putting in it, it and my guts do not get along so after two weeks of er... repercussions the next day - you can imagine without my going into detail, I decided to quit DQ "cold turkey" as it were.  So my hubby had what sounded like a doable idea - why not get some fat free ice cream and fudge and cool whip free and make our own.  At first the idea didn't really appeal to me but I do love cool whip free so after he broke the ice (pun intended) .. sorry... grin... I carefully measured 1/2 cup of the fat free ice cream (2 pp's) and 2 tablespoons of cool whip - they say 0 but I counted 1 pp.  Well, to my surprise, it tasted a whole lot better than the DQ has been tasting - I think all the chemicals in the DQ are beginning to affect the taste but also, instead of the 8 pp's I spend on a DQ every Sunday, this only cost me 3 PP's!  Yay.  Thanks to hubby and yes, maybe to DQ because frankly the homemade concoction tasted a whole lot better and for less Points Plus .... win win in my book.  Hope everyone had a great week!  (The photo is hubby eating a DQ in the old days before additive chemicals!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment